Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pgh Is My City

I started this blog a little over a year ago angry about the county's ineptness involving the drink tax. Anger quickly followed about the highly-anticipated but shamelessly inept report about merging the city and the county. I wanted merging of city services (for instance dog licensing) but I thought and still think that Pittsburgh is a city. Pittsburgh is my newly adopted city. Pittsburgh is where I've fallen in love with the Steelers and the library, where I've been to baseball games and gallery crawls and seen countless magnificent fireworks displays.

But Pittsburgh is different for everyone. Some fight for it. Some are just learning about it. Some have given up on it, but they all have an opinion.

Pgh is a city
of hills and ours looked down on the Allegheny R...

Pittsburgh is a city of hills, breakneck curves, complex intersections and lousy drivers. ...

I know Pgh is a city.....I know it's not in the middle of small-town Iowa...so where exactly is the diversity?...

Pittsburgh is a city that "stands up and looks you in ...

pgh is a city that is losing population and is DESPERATE for new people ...

Pittsburgh is a city with character unlike any other. ...

In closing, I guess, you can say PGH is a city where you can afford your dreams. ...

My New Year's blogging resolution? Keep doing it.

2 comments:

Bram Reichbaum said...

"My New Year's blogging resolution? Keep doing it."

I like this. My new year's blogging resolution (besides that) is to get to know county gov't as well as I've gotten to know the city.

Sue said...

My first visit, but I'll definitely be back. I like this post quite a bit. My new year's blogging resolution is to keep getting words like queer and transgender onto people's radar on a regular basis.