Friday, October 9, 2009

5 Valuable Posts About Library Closings

It seems like every blogger worth his keyboard has something valuable to say about libraries.
  1. PGH Comet - No books for you
  2. Brian O'Neill (Post-Gazette) - A Great City, Failing at its Libraries
  3. Pittsblog - Let the Libraries Close
  4. Me (Pgh is a City) - Does RAD work here?
  5. And the response: Carnegie Library Blog - Sustaining our Future
Of course, the commentary on these blogs is just as interesting as the posts themselves.
As J.K. RowledUP says:
"Isn’t a branch more important that a Marketing Department? And should’t a failed CEO work for 1$"

But just like the closing of South Side Hospital and the taxing of non-profit arts groups, public outcry can change the future. Let your voice be heard. Complain to your politicians. Stop this injustice.

Note: Yes, I know. Brian O'Neill isn't a blogger. It may even offend him to be in the same list as bloggers, but it's my blog, so I can put him in whatever list I want.

1 comment:

Bram Reichbaum said...

One of the highest compliments I sometimes give columnists is, "That read like a blog post".

I only recently discovered this Eric Heyl contribution, I think it adds a lot of context:

http://pittsburghlive.com:8000/x/pittsburghtrib/news/columns/heyl/s_647146.html